Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Where To Find The Beef

******Where's The Beef******

That's the question on the minds of me and my coworkers this day. Apparently, a whole roast beef has come up missing. The boss lady is mad as hell and someone is going to pay... Anyway, this new drama has brought to mind... Where is the beef? Mine, is right down the road. But, what about people who are not surrounded by cattle farmers?
Kroger's, would be my guess, but what about people who can't get to a grocery store? Can you buy beef online? So, I did some research and yes, you can.. that's pretty cool, I guess.. But what quality of beef are you getting? 
La Cense BeefI found a site that sales grass fed beef and apparently, grass fed beef is the best kind of beef... so now, I wonder what other kind of beef there is?...really, what do cows eat if not grass?? lol
Looking into this further, I found that some farmers feed their cows corn and grain (not their natural food source.)  
There is a big controversy between grass fed beef and grain fed beef...here are two sites that explain it better
One........Two ....yuk... Makes me feel lucky cuz, I can see my beef eating grass..
Sure would make a funny video to have someone ask their butcher " Excuse me but, what did this cut of beef eat...lol
Their is an easy way to tell though..

 If the fat is transparently white (like the one on the left) it's grain fed and if the fat has a yellow tinge to it (like the one on the right) its grass fed.... the yellow tinge is the beta carotene.
      ****Yummy****

 
>